1. Floor tennis – hitting the ball on the floor but rallying over a short distance.
2. Foot tennis – 2 touches – one to control and one to pass.
3. Throwing and catching – use your non-dominant hand too.
4. Egg and spoon racing – the spoon is the racket and the ball is the egg.
5. Cone drills – Using markers or even baked bean cans, weaving in and out of the markers using a variety of skills (hockey style, balancing, kicking the ball, hitting up/down, passing between each cone, moving around every marker etc)
6. Rally catch – can your child hit the ball to you for catching? Can you do the same for them?
7. Popcorn – take as many touches as you like to pass the ball between you, but don’t let it hit the floor
8. Reaction challenge, holding 2 balls at shoulder height with arms stretched wide, drop one ball only – try doing this with 3 bounces, then 2, 1 and finally without a bounce.
9. Ball toe-taps – haw many times can you tap the ball – alternating with the ball of your foot on each foot without really moving the ball.
10.Throw and catch against a wall – try this with a bounce, then no bouncing, then one handed catching, then using one hand including your non-dominant hand.